Is CBD Oil for Dogs A Viable Option?
It is not just enough to own pets and show off with them. It is equally important that you as the owner take proper care of these wonderful creatures. A big part of their wellbeing involves taking proper care of their health. This covers both preventive and curative measures that ensure they are in good health.
In the pet world, it is probably safe to say that dogs come first as per their relationship with us humans. They have also been one of the most useful of pets, whether it’s for hunting purposes, as guard dogs or as it’s getting very common these days, for military operations, they serve heroically. You can read more about man’s relationship with our four-legged friends here.
Despite all their heroics, they are still very susceptible to different ailments which can greatly hinder their effectiveness and can even lead to their death.
This makes it very imperative that their health care is taken very seriously. As part of this process, pet owners need to constantly be informed on the different options available for their treatment.
One of such options is the CBD oil treatment.
What is The CBD Oil?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, which is one of the different molecules compounds in the cannabis plant. However, unlike the major psychoactive element in cannabis which is the tetrahydrocannabinol or THC for short, it does not get you high.
In recent times, a great deal of interest and research has gone into its possible therapeutic and medicinal qualities and effects. This also comes at a time when marijuana legalization is a hot topic on the national scene with different states decriminalizing it’s.
What Are Its Benefits?
There are lots of varied claims as to its level of effectiveness but however, it has been found very effective in the treatment of epileptic seizures and arthritis in humans. Thus, with these discoveries, a huge demand for it has created a thriving market and industry around it.
Despite all these interests and claims, there has not been any formal study on how it affects dogs or on how it works. What is known though, is that
- It is Effective in Pain Treatment: Currently, it is proving to be efficient in pain treatment and management for dogs. The overwhelming testimony is that there was a noticeable improvement after it was administered.
- Calming Seizures: Just as it has proven effective on humans, the same result has also been obtained when administered to dogs.
- Anxiety Issues: As they get older and slower, or if they are suffering from a side effect of an injury or body condition, dogs are prone to reacting anxiously or aggressively. CBD oil has proven effective in calming them down and helping them relax even in situations where they normally would be anxious.
- It is Anti-inflammatory: Because of CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties, it has proven very effective in cases of conditions like osteoarthritis or issues with mobility. In general, the consensus so far is that it sooths inflammation.
- It Stimulates Appetite: If due to an illness or side effect of a drug your dog loses appetite, it can be given to it to stimulate its appetite.
The Possible Side Effects
It is important to note that there could be possible side effects to this treatment. This could be as a result of it not having been administered in the right dosage or for some other reasons.
These side effects might be one or a combination of some of the following:
- Dry Mouth
- Increased Appetite
- Constant Vomiting
- Low Blood Pressure
Things to Consider When Purchasing One for Your Dog
Do a Thorough Research: Doing this arms you with requisite knowledge about the product you are about to buy. As a rule, you shouldn’t buy goods or products without looking them up.
Buy from Reputable Companies: This is because, as a renowned organization, their reputation will be at stake if there is a problem with their products. Companies or sites like https://topdogcbd.tbcmikah.com have a proven track record that they are willing to defend.
Document the Process: this is to keep track of the process and the possible progress. That way, you can easily note if all is as well as it should be.
Consult Your Veterinary Doctor: The advice from the Doctor is important in determining how you proceed.
It is becoming very trendy to use CBD oil, and a lot of people talk about its effectiveness when given to their dogs. From all available evidence, it is worth trying out.
However, it is equally important that you get proper information on the subject matter and not be swayed by public opinion and marketing. That way, you make optimal gains from the product you purchased.